- Job Search
- Our Story
- Career Advice
- Client Services
- Contractor Zone
- Contact Us
You've done the hard work, you've secured the interview but what is the best wasy to secure that engineering job? Here at Ambitek we've put together some simple and effective tips to help you on that all important day.
1. Company Research – It goes without saying for any interview. Hiring managers are looking for candidates with an interest in the company and what it does. Knowing this information prior to your interview will show you are prepared as well as enthusiastic about the role. Knowledge of the company will also mean you are able to ask intelligent questions at the end of your interview.
2. Preparation – It’s all about practice, whether you’re a graduate or a seasoned professional, practicing interview questions means you will be better prepared for the questions in the interview. Admittedly you don’t know exactly what questions you will be asked but preparing for all eventualities means you’ll be able to answer them a lot better. The more confident you appear to the interviewer, the more memorable you will be.
3. Ask Questions – points 1 & 2 mean that you should be well prepared at the interview for any questions you are asked but make sure you also have some for them. A candidate that asks questions will be remembered for their enthusiasm and interest in the company. It will also allow you to cover any points that may have been missed during the interview.
4. Gather Data – As with point 2, preparation is key. Gather together examples of your work to illustrate and quantify your successes and experience. Giving the interviewer the ability to see that you can back up what you are saying about yourself will go a long way towards making a good impression.
5. Get Everything Ready the Night Before – Outfit, directions, transport times and any other factor that may cause delays getting to your interview are best dealt with the night before so you can wake up in the morning and avoid any stresses before your interview.
6. Be Confident – If you have done all your preparation and research, there is no reason you cannot walk into your interview full of confidence and positivity. Whilst confidence is important, avoid being cocky, smarmy or a ‘Mr Know It All’. Confidence shows class, over-confidence does not and your interviewer will remember it.
7. Be Positive – If you are going to discuss previous employers or bosses, be constructive. No interviewer wants to sit and listen to you moan about how much you hated your last job. This is also a reflection on your character and if you’re willing to sit and moan about your last employer, what’s to say you won’t do the same with them?
8. If You Don’t Know, Don’t be Afraid to Say it – Employers want to know how you will deal with different scenario’s both within and outside of your skillset. This helps them see how you would deal with situations under pressure or without all the information. Being honest is an important skill that cannot be gleaned from a CV and being able to step up and admit you don’t know means that you are willing to listen and learn when you are unsure about something.
I'd also like to take the chance to thank you for all your help during my time with Ambitek. I have always been paid on time and any worries I had were sorted out incredibly quickly either by yourself or your colleagues. Thank you for making my time as a contractor as painless as possible. I would certainly have no qualms about being employed by your agency again sometime in the future. Although obviously not any time soon!!!!
I contacted Ambitek last year about employment. They quickly responded and helped me get a job! I now have a full time job thanks to Ambitek and their staff. They have always paid me on time and have always been there to help me if I needed any advice! Now me and my family are doing great all thanks to Ambitek.
"Hi, hope your all set for Xmas just wanted to say thanks to you and all the staff at Ambitek. You have all been ace this year sorting out my wages and holiday pay and the rest, it's been a real pleasure working for you this year and can't thank you enough for getting me the job in the first place it really pulled me out of it when I was down and to say I appreciate it is an understatement
Hi, thank you for having me work for Ambitek, it’s been a pleasure
Hi, just wanted to say thank you for all your help placing me, as today I signed a permanent contract. The agency have been fantastic and in the future I wouldn't hesitate in contacting you if I need a job or recommending you to others. Once again, thank you and I would like to wish you all the best for the future. (One happy customer!)
Hi, don't know if they informed you but I got a full time contract this week, thanks to you and your team for everything mate I'd be nowhere without Ambitek.
Wish everyone looked after us like you.